2021 Mercedes-Benz GLE Towing Capacity
The 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 towing capacity starts at 5,950 pounds, but those who upgrade to a model with 4MATIC® will be able to tow up to 7,700 pounds of cargo. Although we don’t yet have complete information on the Mercedes-Benz GLE towing capacity for each trim, we’ve covered everything we do know about this model’s capabilities and engine options below.
GLE Towing Capacity by Trim Level
You already know that the GLE towing capacity starts at 5,950 pounds and can reach as high as 7,700 pounds in some configurations. Here’s what we know about the 2021 GLE lineup so far:
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 Towing Capacity – 5,950 pounds
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC® Towing Capacity – 7,700 pounds
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 4MATIC® Towing Capacity – 7,700 pounds
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLE 580 4MATIC® Towing Capacity – TBA
If you decide to upgrade with an AMG® GLE, you’ll give up some of your towing capacity in exchange for higher engine outputs and a speedier 0 to 60 time:
- 2021 AMG® GLE 53 4MATIC®+ Towing Capacity – 3,858 pounds
- 2021 AMG® GLE 63 S 4MATIC®+ Towing Capacity – TBD
You can spend around $2,500 to upgrade with 4MATIC® all-wheel drive, but we think most Phoenix drivers will agree that this is a small price to pay for superior performance–with or without a trailer in tow!
If you’d like to receive updates on the Mercedes-Benz GLE 580 4MATIC® or the AMG® GLE 63 S 4MATIC®+ as soon as more information becomes available, don’t hesitate to contact us and let us know!
A Closer Look at the GLE Engine Lineup
An impressive towing capacity is just one of the factors that has made the new GLE so popular with performance enthusiasts in Tempe and Gilbert.
2021 GLE 350 & GLE 350 4MATIC®
- Engine: 2.0L inline-4 turbo
- Output: 255 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque
2021 GLE 450 4MATIC®
- Engine: 3.0L inline-6 turbo w/ EQ Boost
- Output: 362 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque
2021 AMG® GLE 53 4MATIC®+
- Engine: AMG®-enhanced 3.0L inline-6 turbo w/ EQ Boost
- Output: 429 hp and 384 lb-ft of torque
2021 AMG® GLE 63 S 4MATIC®+
- Engine: Handcrafted AMG® 4.0L V8 biturbo w/ EQ Boost
- Output: 603 hp and 627 lb-ft of torque
Are You Ready to Experience the New GLE?
Reading about the Mercedes-Benz GLE towing capacity is one thing. Experiencing this SUV’s power on the roads of Chandler is another! If you’re ready to understand the unique appeal of this midsize SUV, start exploring our GLE lease specials and find out how to shop online today!
More from Mercedes-Benz of Chandler
The new 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS is designed to offer some of the most impressive performance specs ever seen in an electric vehicle. However, in order to really get the feel of this new luxury EV, you have to take a look at the 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS interior. The EQS is a true luxury vehicle…
If you’re in the market for a new luxury EV that is capable and packed with the latest technology and features, the 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS is absolutely worth a closer look. With the release date drawing closer, drivers around Phoenix can’t wait to see this impressive EV on the roads. Learn more about the…
Are you hoping to get behind the wheel of the largest and most luxurious Mercedes-Benz SUV? The 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 price starts at just $76,000* MSRP, and once you’ve seen what it has to offer, you’ll see why it’s preferred by discerning drivers from Phoenix to Tempe. Explore pricing for the rest of…