What is Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST®?
Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST® works hard to protect you from driver fatigue, whether you’re running everyday errands around Gilbert or heading to your favorite restaurant in Phoenix. You can find the ATTENTION ASSIST® “take a break” Mercedes-Benz feature on a variety of new models, including the C-Class and GLC. Learn more about how this innovative technology works below!
How Does ATTENTION ASSIST® Work?
ATTENTION ASSIST® is an industry-first. Although many competing luxury models offer similar systems, ATTENTION ASSIST® from Mercedes-Benz paved the way. For starters, the system uses a highly sensitive sensor and algorithm and can sense if you become drowsy or unfocused on Tempe roads.
- ATTENTION ASSIST® begins monitoring your driving habits across 70 parameters just minutes after you start your drive.
- The system can sense if you make certain steering corrections. It also takes road conditions and heavy crosswinds into account and pays attention to your interactions with buttons and switches inside the cabin.
- ATTENTION ASSIST® will notify you it’s time for a break if, after evaluating your behaviors, it determines you’re drowsy.
Which Models Offer ATTENTION ASSIST®?
ATTENTION ASSIST® is standard on a wide variety of new Mercedes-Benz sedans, coupes, roadsters, SUVs, and commercial vans. It’s just one of many driver-assistive features available from the brand, including Blind Spot Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, and Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC®. Here’s a list of the models available with ATTENTION ASSIST®:
- Cars: C-Class, E-Class, S-Class, CLA, and CLS
- SUVs: GLA, GLC, GLE, GLS, and G-Class
- Roadsters: SLC, SL, and Mercedes-AMG® GT
- Commercial Vans: Standard on all Metris models
Learn More About Driver Assists at Mercedes-Benz of Chandler!
Do you have additional questions about how ATTENTION ASSIST® can protect you from driver drowsiness? Schedule a test drive with any of the models listed above, or contact us to learn more about other safety features like PRESAFE® and mbrace® Secure.