What is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
What does Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive do? This advanced performance technology from Mercedes-Benz increases traction and control on Phoenix roads and is available on a variety of new Mercedes-Benz of Chandler models. Benefits include:
- Intelligent distribution of power to specific wheels for best performance.
- Improved fuel economy ratings.
- Better grip on roads during inclement weather like snow, sleet, and rain.
How Does Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Work?
Below is a breakdown of how the 4MATIC® all-wheel drive system operates to provide additional peace of mind in all types of road conditions.
- This system works with the braking, acceleration, and steering systems to control the amount of power sent to all four wheels (instead of the just the front two wheels in a traditional FWD system).
- When you are rounding a corner in Gilbert, your inside and outside wheels will rotate at different speeds so you don’t go off-course. The 4MATIC® system uses sensors to control optimum wheel spin.
- The system also monitors road conditions and works with the electronic traction system to automatically adjust to ice, snow, mud and prevent wheel slippage.
- The precise control that the 4MATIC® all-wheel drive system delivers allows for better cornering in dry conditions, which means a more thrilling ride.
Which Mercedes-Benz Models Offer 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
Whether you want a fuel-efficient luxury car like the Mercedes-Benz C-Class sedan, a performance-focused Mercedes-Benz AMG® model, or a road-ready SUV, explore below and find a model that offers all the benefits of 4MATIC® all-wheel drive.
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz E 300 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz E 400 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz CLS 550 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz S 450 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz S 560 4MATIC® Coupe and Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC® SUV and Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 350e 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 550e Plug-In Hybrid 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 550 4MATIC® SUV
Find Your Ideal 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Vehicle
Browse our inventory to find a new, used, or certified pre-owned Mercedes-Benz with 4MATIC® all-wheel drive, then schedule a test drive near Tempe to experience the enhanced performance in person. You can also learn more about AMG® performance, the Mercedes-Benz SUV lineup, and other Mercedes-Benz technologies like EQ for the Smart ForTwo and PRESAFE® at Mercedes-Benz of Chandler!
More From Mercedes-Benz of Chandler
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS dimensions have helped to make this SUV one of the most exciting new options for drivers in greater Phoenix! In addition to offering grade A performance and an athletic, aerodynamic exterior, the GLS SUV provides room for six or seven passengers across three rows of seating. EASY-ENTRY technology and collapsible rear…
There’s no midsize SUV quite like the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC. Although it’s certainly maneuverable enough to handle the roads of Phoenix with aplomb, the Mercedes-Benz GLC dimensions make it easy to spread out and enjoy yourself inside, no matter where you happen to be seated. Explore the Mercedes-Benz GLC cargo space and seating dimensions with…
If you’re shopping for a new vehicle that’s all-electric, smart ForTwo Coupes and Cabrios are eco-friendly, cost-effective, and loaded with plenty of exciting features. Their compact design makes them ideal for zipping around areas like Phoenix while using minimal power. So, what are their price ranges? Check out the smart Car prices and trims below…