What is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
What does Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive do? This advanced performance technology from Mercedes-Benz increases traction and control on Phoenix roads and is available on a variety of new Mercedes-Benz of Chandler models. Benefits include:
- Intelligent distribution of power to specific wheels for best performance.
- Improved fuel economy ratings.
- Better grip on roads during inclement weather like snow, sleet, and rain.
How Does Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Work?
Below is a breakdown of how the 4MATIC® all-wheel drive system operates to provide additional peace of mind in all types of road conditions.
- This system works with the braking, acceleration, and steering systems to control the amount of power sent to all four wheels (instead of the just the front two wheels in a traditional FWD system).
- When you are rounding a corner in Gilbert, your inside and outside wheels will rotate at different speeds so you don’t go off-course. The 4MATIC® system uses sensors to control optimum wheel spin.
- The system also monitors road conditions and works with the electronic traction system to automatically adjust to ice, snow, mud and prevent wheel slippage.
- The precise control that the 4MATIC® all-wheel drive system delivers allows for better cornering in dry conditions, which means a more thrilling ride.
Which Mercedes-Benz Models Offer 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
Whether you want a fuel-efficient luxury car like the Mercedes-Benz C-Class sedan, a performance-focused Mercedes-Benz AMG® model, or a road-ready SUV, explore below and find a model that offers all the benefits of 4MATIC® all-wheel drive.
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz E 300 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz E 400 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz CLS 550 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz S 450 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz S 560 4MATIC® Coupe and Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC® SUV and Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 350e 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 550e Plug-In Hybrid 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 550 4MATIC® SUV
Find Your Ideal 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Vehicle
Browse our inventory to find a new, used, or certified pre-owned Mercedes-Benz with 4MATIC® all-wheel drive, then schedule a test drive near Tempe to experience the enhanced performance in person. You can also learn more about AMG® performance, the Mercedes-Benz SUV lineup, and other Mercedes-Benz technologies like EQ for the Smart ForTwo and PRESAFE® at Mercedes-Benz of Chandler!
More From Mercedes-Benz of Chandler
The new 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS is designed to offer some of the most impressive performance specs ever seen in an electric vehicle. However, in order to really get the feel of this new luxury EV, you have to take a look at the 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS interior. The EQS is a true luxury vehicle…
If you’re in the market for a new luxury EV that is capable and packed with the latest technology and features, the 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS is absolutely worth a closer look. With the release date drawing closer, drivers around Phoenix can’t wait to see this impressive EV on the roads. Learn more about the…
Are you hoping to get behind the wheel of the largest and most luxurious Mercedes-Benz SUV? The 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 price starts at just $76,000* MSRP, and once you’ve seen what it has to offer, you’ll see why it’s preferred by discerning drivers from Phoenix to Tempe. Explore pricing for the rest of…