What is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
What does Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive do? This advanced performance technology from Mercedes-Benz increases traction and control on Phoenix roads and is available on a variety of new Mercedes-Benz of Chandler models. Benefits include:
- Intelligent distribution of power to specific wheels for best performance.
- Improved fuel economy ratings.
- Better grip on roads during inclement weather like snow, sleet, and rain.
How Does Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Work?
Below is a breakdown of how the 4MATIC® all-wheel drive system operates to provide additional peace of mind in all types of road conditions.
- This system works with the braking, acceleration, and steering systems to control the amount of power sent to all four wheels (instead of the just the front two wheels in a traditional FWD system).
- When you are rounding a corner in Gilbert, your inside and outside wheels will rotate at different speeds so you don’t go off-course. The 4MATIC® system uses sensors to control optimum wheel spin.
- The system also monitors road conditions and works with the electronic traction system to automatically adjust to ice, snow, mud and prevent wheel slippage.
- The precise control that the 4MATIC® all-wheel drive system delivers allows for better cornering in dry conditions, which means a more thrilling ride.
Which Mercedes-Benz Models Offer 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
Whether you want a fuel-efficient luxury car like the Mercedes-Benz C-Class sedan, a performance-focused Mercedes-Benz AMG® model, or a road-ready SUV, explore below and find a model that offers all the benefits of 4MATIC® all-wheel drive.
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz E 300 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz E 400 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz CLS 550 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz S 450 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz S 560 4MATIC® Coupe and Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC® SUV and Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 350e 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 550e Plug-In Hybrid 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 550 4MATIC® SUV
Find Your Ideal 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Vehicle
Browse our inventory to find a new, used, or certified pre-owned Mercedes-Benz with 4MATIC® all-wheel drive, then schedule a test drive near Tempe to experience the enhanced performance in person. You can also learn more about AMG® performance, the Mercedes-Benz SUV lineup, and other Mercedes-Benz technologies like EQ for the Smart ForTwo and PRESAFE® at Mercedes-Benz of Chandler!
More From Mercedes-Benz of Chandler
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB interior has everything you could ask for in a luxury SUV. Whether you opt for the two-row configuration or decide to expand with the optional third row, you’ll love what this new addition to the Mercedes-Benz lineup is bringing to the roads near Gilbert and Tempe. Explore the Mercedes-Benz GLB features…
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS dimensions have helped to make this SUV one of the most exciting new options for drivers in greater Phoenix! In addition to offering grade A performance and an athletic, aerodynamic exterior, the GLS SUV provides room for six or seven passengers across three rows of seating. EASY-ENTRY technology and collapsible rear…
There’s no midsize SUV quite like the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC. Although it’s certainly maneuverable enough to handle the roads of Phoenix with aplomb, the Mercedes-Benz GLC dimensions make it easy to spread out and enjoy yourself inside, no matter where you happen to be seated. Explore the Mercedes-Benz GLC cargo space and seating dimensions with…